Friday, 6 December 2013

Sex. Love. Repeat by Alessandra Torre

18627715


“Paul loves me with unconditional warmth, his affection public and obvious, his arms pulling me into him, his mouth littering my body with frequent kisses.” 

“Stewart loves me with a tiger’s intensity, his need taking my breath away, his confidence in our relationship strong enough to not be bothered by the presence of another man. He stares into my soul as if he owns it, and shows his love with money, sex, and rare moments of time.” 



After seeing this book appear time and time again on my goodreads wall I decided to one click and see what all the fuss was about- Boy am I glad I did! It was a book filled with sex, passion, love and a massive amount of angst! 

This book is mainly set in Maddison's point of view, with the odd glimpse of what Stewart and Paul are thinking. The book is based around the fact that Maddison is in a relationship with these two guys, she loves them both, and they both know the other exists. 

Maddison loves sex. She enters into a relationship with the very sexy Stewart. But the thing is with Stewart he loves Maddison but he loves his job more. She is offered him a few times a week when its good for him and she is expected to be his date to company functions blah blah blah....But that's not enough for Maddison, she needs sex more often than that so has taken to having one night stands to fill the voids when Stewart isn't there. This is no secret- she told him how it was. But Stewart isn't happy with this arrangement- He's fine with her seeing someone else but its the stranger part that bothers him so he encourages her to get herself another boyfriend. But she isn't to stop seeing him either- The new boyfriend has to understand she was Stewart's first. 

Enter Paul, sweet surfer guy who Maddison meets one afternoon at the fairground. Immediately she knew she wanted him. Initially he isn't keen on the idea of sharing Maddison but he knows that if he says no there will be no relationship between them.  

And for a while its all going good. But deep down Maddison knows that one day she will have to make her choice and pick one for the long haul. Pick one she wants to settle down with and raise children. But she just cant decide which one she wants- Paul- Surfing is fun until your too old to do it- how will he provide for his family then? Or Stewart- He can provide financially for a family but he cant provide emotionally as he is constantly at work.... 

But then something happens at 41% that sends this book spinning into chaos! 

I didn't see that coming at all! And going off my goodreads news feed neither did a lot of my bookpals! 

And here is where I stop talking about the story as if I say anymore it will give away the twist and ruin it.  

Maddison was a good character- I thought I was going to hate her, but the way she explained things kinda made sense? And she did love both of them so much but in totally different ways. She knew who she was and she didn't apologise for it. 

Paul was sugar sweet, he just wanted to make Maddison happy, even if it meant letting her crawl into another mans bed a few times a week. He didn't make much money surfing and he knew that, but he didn't need money to be happy, so long as he has his Mads and the waves hes a happy chappy. 

As for Stewart (He was my favourite)- he was determined, sexy, powerful but a workaholic.......

If I had one issue it was with the ending.....I knew it had to be like that, but it wasn't the ending I wanted. 

Overall this was a fantastic book, I've read plenty of love triangle books before but this was a triangle with a difference and like no other book I have ever read. 

5 stars *****

Links- 





No comments:

Post a Comment