Tuesday, 3 December 2013

Back to Reality by Danielle Allen- The blog tour!!




Displaying Back to Reality Tour banner.jpg

I am so happy to be part of this blog tour.

Ive read both of these books and they are AMAZING!!!!

Check out my reviews for both books here-

Back to life

Back to Reality

~ Synopsis ~
Her past: Emanuel Mills was her first love. The guitar playing, adventure seeking, IT whiz was everything she ever wanted.

Her present: Tyree Barker was her last love. The cultured, educated, successful entrepreneur was everything she needed.

But when Sahara Lee’s past and present collided, a series of events occurred that changed her life forever, leaving her future up in the air.

As a college freshman, a tragic accident changed the course of Sahara’s life. Ten years later, just when she started putting her life back together, Sahara’s world was rocked again due to a similar accident.

Heartbroken and guilt ridden, Sahara fell into old, familiar habits before quickly realizing that she wasn’t the same Sahara Lee anymore. Unable to live a lonely, loveless, isolated life anymore, Sahara decided that the way she coped before wasn’t going to work this time around.

Time didn’t heal her wounds, but forgiveness might.



Displaying Back to Reality 1 Excerpt.jpg

Wouldn't this be an awesome cast!!!!-

Displaying Dream Cast BTR.jpg

I was lucky enough to be able to ask the lovely Danielle some questions regarding the book.

Also Sahara's a bit of a label whore so I had to ask which items she'd pinch from Sahara's wardrobe given half the chance......

Sahara loves her designer clothing- If she was your real friend what top 10 items would you be stealing from her wardrobe??

Michael Kors oversized bag

Christian Louboutin spiked clutch

Christian Louboutin spiked ankle cuff sandals

Chloe snakeskin handbag

Marc Jacobs white tuxedo jacket with black piping and trim

Herve Leger one-shoulder gold bandage dress

Lela Rose black sheath dress with the embroidered back

Amanda Uprichard dress with the scoop neck back

Manolo Blahnik flat, black knee high boots

And finally, the tuxedo dress (black bustier top and fitted white skirt) that she wore for the special occasion in Back to Reality ;)


What inspired you to write Back to life and then Back to reality?

Last year, when I was constructing my 30 by 30 bucket list, I added writing a novel. Once it was on my 30 by 30 list, I stopped dismissing the idea and I was motivated enough to actually take the time to write it. So I sat down one Saturday and said “let’s do this!” Once I was done, I LOVED the final product and I realized how much I love writing. Writing the last scene of Back to Life, I knew I had to write Back to Reality to finish the story.



Sahara is a bit of a complex character- Do you see any of yourself in her or did you put any of your own mannerisms into Sahara?


She is completely fictional; however, Sahara and I share the same love of art and music. We also both love fashion but Sahara definitely comes off as a label whore. And to some extent she is, but more than
that, she is into fashion as an art form. Sahara's life revolved around functioning with art and beauty to drown out the guilt and hurt and loss she felt so her love of fashion evolved from that.



Ty and Manny are some seriously hot men.....can you tell me who was your inspiration for both of them?


When I conjured up the images of Ty and Manny in my head, I imagined these two completely different looking men. Both of them undeniably sexy, but completely different. I wanted to be specific enough that you could visualize what they looked like, but vague enough so they could take on whatever form is sexy to you. But as far as everything else, I used my handsome husband as my muse. He is a mix of Ty and Manny. He’s a business minded computer whiz who is unbelievably romantic.



Music was pretty much a big part of this story- What was your favourite song throughout BTL and BTR?


I used most of the songs from my own personal playlist to create the soundtracks for Back to Life and Back to Reality so that’s such a hard question!! If I HAD to pick one from Back to Life and Back to Reality it would be “I Love, You Love” by John Legend. Only because it was used in my wedding. I love all of those songs!!



Is this it for Ty, Manny and Sahara or do you have more planned for this trio?


As of right now, I have an idea that is dancing around in my head and I need to get it out. After that, who knows ;)



If you could go back and re-write any part of the book, would you and which part?


I don’t think I would change a thing! I really just let the story write itself and I just rolled with it!



Now you cant pick your own but who is your favourite book boyfriend?


I have a thing for Gideon Cross. Love. Him.
I want to know which one you personally would choose? Ty or Manny?


They are both amazing… But if I HAD to choose, I would make the same decision as Sahara. ;)

***Thanks to Danielle Allen for sparing her time to answer my questions***

Now I must admit i am a MASSIVE Ty fan so heres a little info about him :)


Full name: Tyree “Ty” Barker
                                                                                           
Born: July 5, 1982

Astrological Sign: Cancer
                                                                    
Three Words to Describe Yourself: Hard working. Successful. Motivated.

Stats: 6’; 180 lbs; dark brown hair; chestnut brown eyes

Favorite food: Maryland Crab Cakes

Favorite music: Hip Hop and Neo-soul… music with a message and a story to tell

Favorite TV show: When I watch TV, I watch the news or ESPN.

Activities: Work and Working Out

Favorite book: Rich Dad, Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki

Favorite movie: Coming to America

College degree: B.S. Business Administration (Delta Southern University), M.B.A. (Harvard University)

Current job: Chief Executive Officer of the lucrative restaurant/lounge hybrids Motive and Jimmy’s.

Favorite Quote: It’s something my grandfather always said: “Idle hands are the devil’s playground.”

Biggest Moment With Sahara: She’d never been to the Museum of Modern Art so I took her to New York for her birthday. We did the touristy thing and we checked out some of my favorite places…the rooftop lounge and a couple of independent galleries. We did some of the things she’d always wanted to do…Broadway play, Double Decker Bus Tour. But the look on her face when we were in MoMA… THAT meant more to me than anything. She’s already a beautiful woman, but the look of pure contentment that rolled off of her while going through the museum hit me in a way I never expected.  We connected in a way that solidified our feelings for one another.  What we shared on her birthday…what we shared that entire birthday weekend, that’s the proof of how perfect we are together, how perfect we could always be together.


The Moment You Fell For Sahara: When I met her, I couldn’t get her out of my mind. But the moment I fell for her was the first time I spent the night with her. I woke up beside her and watched her sleep.  She looked so peaceful. The complete opposite of the night she fell asleep in my office at Jimmy’s. I knew in that moment, I had to have her. I had to protect her. I had to be with her. 

And heres my favourite part- The playlist :) 

“To Build A Home” -- The Cinematic Orchestra
“Breathe Me” – Sia
“Trouble” – Coldplay
“Never Felt This Way” – Alicia Keys
“Fumble” –Trey Songz
“Gone” – Nsync
“Your Hands” – Marsha Ambrosius
“Any Time, Any Place” – Janet Jackson
“He Loves Me (Lyzel in E Flat)” – Jill Scott
“I Need Love” – Robin Thicke
“Don’t Speak” – Leela James
“Say Something” –A Great Big World
“Bitter” – Me’Shell NdegeOcello
“Fall For Your Type” – Jamie Foxx ft. Drake
“Stay” – Rihanna ft. Mikky Ekko
“Need It” – Half Moon Run
“Flaws And All” – Beyonce
“Doing It Wrong” – Drake
“When The Right One Comes Along” – Clare Bowen & Sam Palladio
“Like A Star” – Corrine Bailey Rae
“Safe & Sound” – Taylor Swift ft The Civil Wars
“Make You Feel My Love” – Adele

Enter Danielles competition here to win signed paperbacks and more- 




No comments:

Post a Comment